Applus+ Laboratories is defining a common certification methodology to remotely audit the quality of the tests performed by the FormPlanet lab network in compliance with EN ISO 17025.
To do so, Applus+ Laboratories will make use of different tools and their know-how in internal audits of testing laboratories to define and test this new methodology during the investigation phase of the project. The test audits will be conducted at two different FormPlanet Test Bed laboratory locations.
In order to conduct these audits, three types of IT Tools are proposed:
- Remote Documentation Review Tool
Testing inevitably involves data, and data needs to be adequately documented in order to track and record test results correctly. Therefore, the goal of the first tool is to review test documentation remotely and it must meet a series of requirements:
- Allow the auditor to create forms with the documents that need revising such as instruction manuals, test procedures and registers.
- Allow the laboratory to upload these documents to the application.
- Allow the auditor to register non-conformities on the application and manage their resolution by the laboratory.
- Organise audits and register them on a database for future reference.
2. Remote Test Setup Follow Up
Correct test setup is just as important as test execution: if all variables are not taken into account and parameters are not correctly configured, test results will be compromised. As such, the remote test setup tool must:
- Permit real time mechanical setup follow-up
- Give auditors the chance to check the testing environment
- Facilitate real time communication between the auditor and the testing expert during the mechanical setup
3. Remote Test Execution Follow up
Last, but not least, swift and efficient monitoring of the actual tests is essential to take on-the-fly decisions and gather up-to-date data. To follow test execution remotely, the tool provided needs to:
- Enable real time test follow-up and the monitoring of all test parameters
- Grant access to raw test data as soon as it is generated
Together with the project partners, the implementation test to validate the remote audit methodology is now underway and with it we will acquire data to detect possible areas for improvement. We expect to have an operational methodology that can be applied to the FormPlanet Test Bed very soon!